8 Pieces of Chicken
6 Fresh Tomatos
2 large Onions
3 large red peppers
2 Jamaican pepper (optional)
Olive oil/ Vegetable Oil
Red oil (optional)
- In a saucepan , put the chicken and season with curry and thyme.
- Add 3 cubes of Maggi and 2 pinches of salt
- Slice 1/2 a bulb of onion and add a cup and a half of water to the sauce pan
- Boil the chicken for about 20- 30 minutes.
- Once the chicken is boiled, put the chicken in a flat baking tray lined with foil paper and grill for 30-35 minutes at 350 F/175 C.
- * Keep the chicken stock
- Blend the tomatoes, pepper, Jamaican pepper and the remaining onion
- In a different saucepan, add enough olive oil/vegetable oil enough to cover the bottom of sauce pan. You can add a little bit of red oil, this makes the stew red.
- Ensure that the oil is hot, then add the blended tomato and pepper
- Boil at low heat for about 15 minutes,
- Add the chicken stock to the pot containing the boiling pepper and tomato, add 2 teaspoons of tomato puree
- Add 2 cubes of Maggi and 3 pinches of salt and allow to boil for another 15 to 20 minutes
- Add the grilled chicken and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
Tagged: african food, African sauce, African stew, chicken stew, how to make nigerian chicken stew, nigerian chicken stew, nigerian food, nigerian food blog, nigerian red stew, quick nigerian recipes, simple african recipes, simple nigerian recipes