Valentine is almost here – in fact it’s tomorrow and once again I’d be sharing one recipe that is close to my heart. So close that I only attempt it once a year (excluding special occasions where I need to whip out my little recipe book to impress).
From the title you already know its Mashed potatoes in chicken curry sauce, and although the components here are pretty popular, it’s the way in which it is served that differentiates this from any other style or method.
Let’s get started then:
6-10 tubers/balls of potatoes
1/2 of a Whole Chicken
Spice – Curry, Thyme, Pepper, Salt, Seasoning
1. Season the chicken with diced onions, plus spice and allow to sit for a while (in a refrigerator)
2. Peel and slice potatoes into boiling water to cook until it’s soft enough to be mashed
3. Chicken can either be steamed before grilling in oven until it turns golden brown
4. Stock obtained from steaming should be mixed with vegetable oil
5. Add spice into stock and oil, with curry being dominant, stir until you get a thick paste
6. Boil eggs and thinly slice for garnish. Sprout vegetable can be used instead or along side.
7. Grilled chicken to be cut into four pieces and steamed in curry sauce for 3 minutes
8. Chicken in curry sauce to be served in a bowl, mashed potatoes to be scooped – ‘Like ice cream’ into bowl, and garnish to be added as desired.
Voila, there you have it. You are free to put in your favorite add-ons or go shrimp instead of the chicken, at the end of the day it’s the scoops of mashed potatoes that stand out in this amazing sauce – and the scoops can also go into the bowl before the sauce.
Bon Appetit and Happy Valentine from all of us at EasyAppetite.
About Cook: Nubi Kayode is a Co-Founder of Easy Appetite, an online takeaway site that allows you order, experience and recommend meals for various restaurants. More at http://easyappetite.com
In honour of Pancake day yep its a real holiday. Maybe not a public one that gives you time off work but a day for you to celebrate your love for pancakes i’m assuming. Anyway, Our beloved chef Abby, has sent in a pancake recipe to celebrate pancake day and to tie in with the valentines’s season. Hope you enjoy it.
My friends know how much I LOVE pancakes. If you are at my house for breakfast, you are definitely eating pancakes, no questions asked (ok, maybe with some eggs and sausages, if you are being nice). I prefer just pancakes because they are awesome on their own.
It’s my “go-to” food when I want to have a relaxed day and watch my Korean movies (Yep, KOREAN). Usually accompanied with hot chocolate or tea, but for special occasions you can spice things up with a glass of Mimosa (composed of one part champagne “or other sparkling wine” and one part thoroughly chilled citrus fruit juice, usually orange juice unless otherwise specified)
BANANA FOSTERS CINNAMON PANCAKES
|All Purpose Flour
||1 ½ Cups
||1 ¼ C
- Measure out all the ingredients
- Melt butter in microwave ( 15 seconds intervals)
- Mix Flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together in a bowl
- Mix together the milk and egg
- Add the milk mixture into the flour mix (add slowly to avoid lumps)
- Mix melted butter into batter.
- Heat up a slightly oiled frying pan over a medium flame
- Scope some batter into the pan and brown on both sides.
- Reserve hot
| BANANA FOSTERS RECIPE:
|Dark Brown Sugar
|Dark Rum (pref: Myers)
|Banana Liquor (optional)
||3 Tablespoons Cup
|Pecans or Hazelnuts , chopped(optional)
- In a large, deep skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
- Stir in sugar, when it melts and begins to bubble, place bananas and nuts in pan.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add rum and vanilla, slightly move pan off the burner and tilt to flambé the sauce (please do this with caution; you don’t have to do it if you don’t feel comfortable. You will get the same results)
- Pour banana sauce over warm pancakes
Let me know how it turns out.
Have you ever thought about precolonial love? If we had never been exposed to pasta Alfredo or even Jollof rice what would we consider “romantic food”. Well in my opinion, nothing says ‘I love you’ more than Vegetable soup in this case Afang soup with an assortment of meat, snails, tripe and fish. For that traditional lover, give your significant other a meal that would make their heart sing. Enjoy XoXo