8 Pieces of Chicken
6 Fresh Tomatoes
2 large Onions
3 large red peppers
2 Jamaican pepper (optional)
Olive oil/ Vegetable Oil
Red oil (optional)
- In a saucepan , put the chicken and season with curry and thyme.
- Add 3 cubes of Maggi and 2 pinches of salt
- Slice 1/2 a bulb of onion and add a cup and a half of water to the sauce pan
- Boil the chicken for about 20- 30 minutes. (depending on the type of chicken. If it is softer, it would take less time to boil)
- Once the chicken is boiled, put the chicken in a flat baking tray lined with foil paper and grill for 30-35 minutes at 350 F/175 C.
- * Keep the chicken stock
- Blend the tomatoes, pepper, Jamaican pepper and the remaining onions
- In a different saucepan, add enough olive oil/vegetable oil enough to cover the bottom of sauce pan. You can add a little bit of red oil, this makes the stew thicker.
- Ensure that the oil is hot, then add the blended tomato and pepper
- Boil at low heat for about 15 minutes,
- Add the chicken stock to the pot containing the boiling pepper and tomato, add 2 teaspoons of tomato puree
- Add 2 cubes of Maggi and 3 pinches of salt and allow to boil for another 15 to 20 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the grilled chicken and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.