1 pc Sweet Potato (Called Purple Yams in some grocery store)
Oil for frying ( Vegetable Oil, Canola Oil, Grapeseed Oil preferably)
1 Teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups cold water
- Pour the water in a small plastic bowl so it almost full. Add salt to the water to form your brine.
- Peel the skin off the sweet potato and completely soak in the brine
- Slice the sweet potato lengthwise to get long strips that look like fries. Soak the strips in the brine.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan or deep frier. Drain fries and place them in oil. Turn on sides till all have a whitish brown appearance ( the browner the crispier)
- Remove fries from pan and place on a paper towel in a plate to remove excess oil.
Your sweet potato fries are ready to eat !!! Can be served as you would regular fries.